Nora Dunn is the The Professional Hobo, a woman who sold everything she owned (including a busy financial planning practice) in 2006 and has been travelling the world in a financially sustainable way ever since. She is an internationally published freelance writer on the topics of travel, personal finance, and lifestyle design, with columns on Wisebread, Flight Network, and Care One. Check out her latest musings on Facebook and Twitter.
- Never Underestimate the Power of Researching Your Trip
- Getting “Off The Beaten Path”: Just Another Traveler’s Cliche
- The Culinary Essentials Every Budget Traveler Should Know
- Getting Stuck on the Road: How to Avoid It (or Embrace It)
- Voluntourism: Is It Hip or Hype?
- How to Travel Full-Time for $17,000 a Year (or Less!)
- How and Why Do You See the World?
- Signposting: Strange Eats in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Signposting: Finding Table Delicacies at McDonald’s, Beijing
- Travel and Money: Using Prepaid Travel Cards
- Travel and Money: Using Your Debit Card on the Road
- Travel and Money: Using Your Credit Card on the Road
- Travel and Money: Carrying Decoy Wallets
- Travel and Money: Passport Carrying Tips
- Travel and Money: How to Get and Carry Cash Safely and Securely
- America Is the “No Vacation Nation”
- HERmail.net: Connecting Female Travelers and Mentors Around the World
- iStopOver: Earn Extra Income or Travel on the Cheap
- Signspotting: Please Sit on the Sitting Toilet, Malaysia
- Accommodation Quiz: Where Should You Book Your Next Night on the Road?