Win 50,000 Starpoints in Our ‘Starwood Hotels Anywhere Weekend Getaway’ Giveaway!
by Mike Richard
Wait – three weeks of back-to-back travel giveaways?! Yup – that’s right, folks. They said it couldn’t be done. Well we just done did it … again!
In the past year alone, we’ve given away more than 150,000 Starpoints! And for this – our final giveaway in the Amex Stars program – Starwood was kind enough to offer yet another prize for yet another lucky Vagabondish reader who’ll score 50,000 Starpoints to use at any Starwood hotel worldwide as part of their own Starwood Hotels Anywhere Weekend Getaway!
Decisions, Decisions … So Many Amazing Hotels to Choose From
Starwood has hotels for every budget in just about every corner of the globe. And 50,000 Starpoints will score you a weekend stay at a fantastic Category 5 or possibly even an ultra-luxurious Category 6 hotel (depending on the time of year)!
See how the “other half” travels in Category 6 luxury: the Echoes Resort in Australia’s Blue Mountains, perhaps? Or maybe the beachfront, avant-garde W Barcelona? Or might we recommend The Royal Hawaiian, Waikiki?
Our Pick: The Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa
For our own Anywhere Weekend Getaway, we visited the The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. This sprawling resort is located right on the city’s riverfront with complimentary ferry service to downtown Savannah. The brief, 5-minute boat ride makes this an ideal spot for getting far enough way to maintain that relaxed vacation vibe, but close enough to all the nightlife, shopping, historic attractions, and southern charm that Savannah has to offer.
The Westin Savannah is a perfect example of the best features and services that Starwood’s finer properties can offer. In-room amenities you can expect include:
- Westin’s newest Heavenly Bed®
- Heavenly Bath® with dual shower heads and back-lit mirrors
- Flat-panel LCD television
- iHome clock radio
- Fully-integrated multi-media connectivity system
- Custom in-room refreshment center that is custom-stocked upon request
Starwood Preferred Guests can use their existing Starpoints to upgrade to a suite or room with a balcony and take in the excellent view of Savannah just across the water.
We spent our weekend at the excellent Heavenly Spa (I highly recommend a River Rock massage), relaxing by the resort pool, and strolling the city’s historic and charming river walk.
But enough about us … let’s talk about where you would go for your own Starwood Hotels Anywhere Weekend Getaway!
It’s your turn to let us know and as always, we’ve made it crazy simple to enter! This time, there are three ways:
- Leave a comment below letting us know which Starwood hotel you would stay in for your Anywhere Weekend Getaway. You may enter this way once a day.
- Tweet us @vagabondish with hashtag #spgamex, your hotel of choice, and the bit.ly link to this giveaway (example: @vagabondish My Starwood Hotels Anywhere Weekend Getaway will be at The Westin Savannah #spgamex. Enter now: http://bit.ly/Vi6VW9). Double your chances to win by entering this way once a day too!
- Or like us on Facebook and tell us in the comments below!
That’s it – good luck!
The Fine Print
- One winner will be chosen at random and contacted via e-mail.
- Winner receives 50,000 Starpoints to redeem for a hotel stay at a Starwood property of their choice.
- The Starwood Hotels Anywhere Weekend Getaway Giveaway ends Friday, January 25th, 2013 at 9:00 PM EST.
- All winners must (1) complete, sign, and return a W9 form within seven days of receipt to be awarded the Starpoints and (2) participate in the SPG program (sign up for your free account)
Disclosure: As part of the SPG AmEx stars program for 2012, Vagabondish.com received travel and other compensation in return for hosting this giveaway.
You Might Also Like
About the Author
Vagabondish founding editor, Mike Richard, is a Rhode Island native, professional web designer and travel junkie with an unhealthy addiction to backpacking, hiking and seeing the world. He enjoys knit hats, small, declarative sentences and speaking in the third person. His professional credits include "Woman's World magazine contributor" and having once been interviewed by Tyra Banks (seriously).