In an incident reminiscent of the Y2K scares, guests at the Denver Tech Center Marriott were locked out of their rooms when their room keys malfunctioned at midnight.
Revelers returning from their New Years celebrations to the hotel discovered that the elevators were not working and their room keys were malfunctioning. One guest told a local reporter that people were getting sick in the halls.
When fights began to break out between the (probably inebriated, and rightfully frustrated) guests the Denver Police were called to the hotel to maintain order.
The lock-out finally ended around 3 a.m. According to Marriott, they have comped the rooms for all of the guests that night.
Read more at MSNBC.