I’m a huge fan of hoodies – they’re damn near the single most versatile article of clothing for travelers. No matter where I am in the world, I’m either wearing one or have one in my pack. Which is why the Red Eye Hoodie caught my eye.
It aims to be comfortable, functional and stylish with a variety of features specifically targeted towards travelers:
- Signature oversized hood (for catching zzz’s or just to cover up)
- Signature 3 way cuff (to be worn standard, thumb hole open glove, or a full covered mitten)
- Kangaroo pouch and elbow patch
- The flat lock stitch on all the seams makes it built to last
- 50% Micro Modal + 50% Cotton blend construction
It’s currently a Kickstarter project, but as of June 6, it’s already reached more than 300% of its project funding goal. Based on the prototype samples they sent us, I’m not surprised. They’re ridiculously lightweight, comfortable, warm and readily packable.
If you’re in the market for just one piece of ultra-versatile travel clothing, this is definitely one to watch.
Pricing & Availability
Available for pre-order now; expected to ship September 2013.
Disclosure: Vagabondish received two complimentary Red Eye Hoodie samples in advance of this review.